Sustainable Nantucket is seeking a Farm to School Curriculum Coordinator for Summer 2017!
Job Description: Under the direction of the Farm to School Coordinator, plan, implement, and oversee the Farm to School Summer Camp, Children’s Farm to Fork Cooking Classes, and Bridge Back to School Program. Work in partnership with the Farm to School Garden Coordinator to instruct all Farm to School programs. Teach and oversee the Farm to School High School Apprentice in instructing Farm to School activities. Uphold the mission of Sustainable Nantucket and the goals of the Farm to School Program.
- Must be 21 years or older
- 2-years of summer camp experience or combination of youth program and supervisory experience
- First Aid and CPR Certifications (or ability to obtain within the first month of employment)
- CORI Authorization
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Interest in agriculture and environmental stewardship
- Requires a positive attitude, strong communication skills, flexibility, creativity, dependability, shows attention to detail, can problem solve, ability to collaborate with others and work independently
Read the full description here!
If interested, please email a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Sustainable Nantucket is always in need of volunteers to help with our programs, special events, and daily operations. If you have the time and feel an affinity with our mission, we would greatly appreciate your time and help. Community support assures that our programs will continue to thrive and grow.
Please fill out and return a Volunteer Application (pdf) to our office at 14 Federal Street or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Administrative – Help with fundraising mailings and preparing for special events
- Community Farm – Volunteer work days on Sunday afternoons, as well as miscellaneous other building projects.
- Farmers & Artisans Market – Help needed throughout the year. Click here for info.
- Farm to School – Help maintain the Farm to School Garden and with special events
- Photography – Photographing program activities and other special events